Oversubscribed in 2016
Applying for a school place
Although Lord Derby Academy are part of the Dean Trust, we do follow the Knowsley Admissions Procedures. Please visit the link below for further information:
How places are allocated
If there are more applicants than the number of places available in a particular Knowsley secondary school, this is known as being oversubscribed.
If oversubscription occurs, the following criteria will be applied in strict priority order to all applicants, for deciding how places will be allocated:
- Children who are cared for by the Local Authority or who were, in certain circumstances, previously looked after by the Local Authority.
- Children for whom the Local Authority accepts there are exceptionally strong medical or welfare reasons for admission.
- Children with a brother or sister already attending the preferred school and who will still be attending at the time of admission.
- Children attending named area partnership primary schools.
- Distance from the child’s home to school measured in a straight line. Those nearest the school have priority.