Every Pupil is entitled to:
• Be welcome as a member of the school community
• Be able to learn within an orderly and clean physical environment
• To feel safe and secure in school from insults, intimidations, violence and danger of any kind
• To be encouraged to develop and reach his/her full potential, both inside and outside the classroom
• To be treated with consideration, courtesy and respect welfare.
Parent/Carer: I/We will
• Make the school aware if there are any issues that might affect my child’s work or well-being.
• See that my child comes to school regularly and arrives on time.
• Ensure that my child is properly equipped for lessons
• Make students aware of the zero tolerance on electronic devices
• Ensure that my child wears the correct school uniform and follows the Appearance Code.
• Support school policies and guidelines for behaviour.
(See website:) www.lorderbyacademy.co.uk
• Monitor my child’s homework, coursework and other independent learning, signing the planner each week and encouraging the meeting of deadlines.
• Try to attend Parents’ Evening and other discussions about my child’s progress. If unable to attend rearrange at a mutually convenient time.
• Have regard for the school’s attendance target of 100%, holidays should not be taken in term time.
• Inform school of any change of address/telephone number immediately.
The Pupil: I will
• Abide by the Lord Derby Academy Behaviour and Appearance Code.
• Be polite and respectful to everyone in school and in the local community.
• Take care of the school site, keeping it free of graffiti and litter.
• Attend regularly, arriving on time.
• Wear full school uniform correctly and look neat and tidy as per the Behaviour and Appearance Code.
• Arrive at lessons fully equipped and willing to learn.
• Complete homework and coursework to the best of my ability in all subjects.
• Respect coursework and homework deadlines in all subjects.
• Leave valuable items at home.
Download the full Home School Agreement here.