The School Aims to:
- Help pupils to achieve their full academic potential.
- Help pupils to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life, employment and leisure in a fast changing world.
- Create a happy and stable environment in which learning can take place.
- Help pupils to be literate and numerate.
- Encourage the principles of common sense and courtesy and to develop a respect for other people and their property.
- Help and encourage all concerned to maintain the school’s good reputation.
The following principles underline everything we do:
- A respect for all pupils and their parents.
- A full commitment to professionalism.
- A well ordered and caring school community.
Help Pupils to Develop:
- Lively, enquiring minds.
- The ability to question and debate rationally.
- The ability to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
- Help pupils to understand the effect of human activities on the environment.
- Help pupils understand and respect the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups of people and nations.
- Help pupils develop sensitivity, empathy, tolerance, self-control, sympathy and an understanding of others.
- Prepare pupils for future economic roles as producers, consumers and citizens.
- Help pupils contribute to an industrialised and highly technological society.
- Help pupils to understand enterprise, wealth creation and entrepreneurial skills.
- Help pupils to develop an interest in their own good health and acquire the skills to make positive choices and decisions throughout their lives.
- Increase pupils’ awareness of the wide variety of religious and cultural experiences, beliefs and practices to be found in the world so that they may develop an awareness and understanding of their own beliefs and respect the rights and values of others.
- Offer pupils equality of opportunity in learning, regardless of gender or special educational needs.
- Combat racial discrimination and prejudice.
‘The effectiveness of the federation leadership and management in embedding ambition and driving improvement is outstanding.’
Ofsted, Leadership of more than one school.